- I am getting really excited for my 5 day vacation in Baxter State Park. I have talked about this place so many times, it is a really special place and I love it in the winter. You have to work hard to get there, so there is pretty much no one around.
- My bike isn't ready yet. I promise to you bike porn when I get it. Sorry to be a tease.
- Every time I swim I come home with a clogged nose. This doesn't happen to me in the summer, so I am thinking chlorine and my nose are not friends. My team mate Andree suggested nose plugs, so I am going to give it a try and see if it helps. Jason did make the really good suggestion of using a neti pot post swim, which would be great to try if I wasn't so clogged when I get out of the pool. Anyone else have this problem?
- Speaking of swimming, I think I am getting better. I have gone from 2:20/100yds to 2:00. I would love to get another 20 seconds of improvement, which I know would happen if I could get to the pool a little more. I have already swam more this winter than all of last winter. I wish I could go more than once a week, but as I have said before, the pool is a 90 minute drive, and once a week is all I can fit in.
- Only 181 days until Ironman Lake Placid!
- It isn't too cold right now, but this is going to be %$#! cold tonight, but warms right back up tomorrow..ha (check out the real feel temps below the big numbers):
|Baxter State Park, looking at Katahdin|
Bike: 78 miles (I have a 1hr trainer ride tonight, estimating 18-20 more miles)
Run: 18 miles (I have a 3 mile run tonight after my ride. On the treadmill if it is -23 and feels like -48)