I am often on the run with work and training, and so I eat more protein bars than I would like to admit. I also prefer them to gels, so yeah, I eat a lot of those things in training and when I am out on one of my back country trips. I am not really nuts about the taste most of the time to be honest, but it is better than sucking down a gel.
Another problem with most bars for me is that most of them really have a lot of crap (artificial/refined sweeteners, artificial flavors, hydrogenated fats or oils, etc) in them and are not really all that great for you or all that filling.
Enter the Perfect Foods Bar. I was able to try one of these just over a month ago, I had the peanut butter flavor. They were super good. I wanted more, and I wanted them NOW!
The bonus? First ingredient: Natural peanut butter. Second ingredient: raw honey. I could actually pronounce and identify all of the ingredients.
I immediately got online and ordered one of every flavor (there are 4, just so you know. More on that in a minute. I am on a roll here.) and looked around on their website.
The company philosophy is:
“At Perfect Foods we strongly believe that natural whole foods (not synthetic, artificial, or isolated “non-food” elements) are the best and most effective source of nourishment for the human body.”One thing about these bars is that they need to be refrigerated - ‘in order to minimize natural oil separation and maintain the consistency.’ I froze mine before a long ride and they worked out just fine. A little sticky, but a super good energy boost.
I tested all of the flavors (twice). Here is my take:
- Peanut Butter: I already covered this one. It was awesome. If you are a fan of peanut butter, you will be a fan of this. The honey added the right amount of sweetness.
- Fruit & Nut: This is the peanut butter bar with raisins and nuts in it. How can you go wrong?
- Carob Chip: I am not a lover of Carob. But I really was surprised at how much I liked this bar. Again, it is that yummy peanut butter bar with carob chips in it.
- Cranberry Crunch (LITE): This was my favorite flavor and is their ‘lite’ (lower fat/calories) version. I never thought low calorie and favorite would ever be in the same sentence. There are crisps and cranberries mixed in the peanut butter yumminess.
Oh yeah - you are probably wondering what is up for grabs? 2 boxes of Perfect Food Bars (that would be 8 bars) goes to 1 lucky winner! Lucky you!
SO to enter...do one, two, or all of these things...and comment for each one.
- Follow my blog and let me know - or let me know if you already follow.
- Like Perfect Foods Bars on Facebook.
- Check out the Perfect Foods Bars website and tell me something you like.
- Post the giveaway on your blog
Disclaimer: I purchased Perfect Foods Bars on my own and plan to many more times. I contacted Perfect Foods after trying the bars. So what I am saying is this review is what I really think of the product and is not influenced by anything but my taste buds. Thank you to the kind folks at the Perfect Foods Bar for hosting this giveaway!