- I worked in a store called Bait, Bolts, and Bullets from when I was 16-19. I sold guns, ammo, bait, fishing supplies, and hardware.
- I have been a whitewater raft guide since 1993, although I haven't guided commercially for a while (I don't know how long). I still get on the river about 5-6 times a year with friends.
- Given that I have been guiding rafts through whitewater for so long, it is funny swimming is so hard for me in triathlon. Until you realize that for the past (many) years of private rafting trips, my swimming consisted of being pushed by current wearing lifejacket and holding a beer.
- I was once carried around The Blue Ox in Millinocket, Maine in a giant pack basket by a giant man named Little Harold. Go ahead, check out the link to the bar - there is even a coupon for free beer.
- Sometimes I get stuck at the office.
- Every vacation I have ever had had nothing at all to do with sitting around. There must be something wrong with me, but I guess I am a bad sit stiller. Except maybe at night, around the campfire, where really I am often dancing anyway.
- When I bought my truck I spent extra money to install a beer window just for my dog Bailey. See, I know he doesn't look too impressed, but he really likes it!
Jane and I backcountry Colorado
North end of Baxter State Park, Maine
18 Day Trip (self-guided) on Grand Canyon
SOOO there is my seven things folks! I am not going to pass this on to anyone, but if anyone wants to do this, consider yourself tagged! :)