If it wasn't for my left calf, I would say all my stiffness and soreness from the race was gone by Tuesday. I definitely spent some quality time with the foam roller, The Stick, a tennis ball, and sitting in icy water, so I think that is why I felt so good so quickly.
Huh. I just re-read that last sentence, and taken out of context it sounds kind of funny. No wonder everyone in this town thinks I am a freak.
One last awesome newly found race-day photo:
- I was lucky enough to be a winner in Laura B's Moving Comfort give-away! Take a minute and check out her blog. Laura is the mother of a child affected by Joubert Syndrome. She and her husband created "Jog for Joubert Syndrome" to help raise money and awareness for Joubert Sydrome. Thanks Laura!
- Jeff - you can have my weight if you want, can't we just trade? I want to lose 10-15 lbs before Timberman HIM. My friends all freak out when I say this, but I think dropping the weight will help me tremendously with speed on the bike and run. We all have challenges, mine is that I drive a ton for work and find it hard to eat well on the go (and I really love chocolate covered pretzels. And pizza). I work in the woods so it isn't like I can stop at a store or have a fridge to keep stuff cool. I need to figure out a better plan, cut the carbs (and the pizza and pretzels. That post-race bag of Milano's didn't help), and start paying attention to what I am eating.
- With the marathon behind me, I plan on ramping up my training. Long rides and hill repeats are in my future, and like the masochist that I am, I am looking forward to it. The lake is almost 52 degrees right now, and I am going to try and get my first open water swim in this weekend. Well, I am going to at least put my wetsuit on and stick my foot in the water.
- Runs are going to be put off until this leg thing starts to get better. Or until my next race, whichever comes first.
- Ramping up my training includes strength training for a change. I mean, more than once every two weeks. I know, weak. My problem is that since I weight train at home (the closest gym is 1 hr away), I get so bored. And find other things to do. So my weight training has been as follows:
- 2 sets of 10 lunges
- go plant some carrots
- 2 sets of 10 hammer curls
- bake some cookies
You get the idea, again, I need to make and follow a better plan.
- My buddy Molly is doing her FIRST triathlon this weekend! WOOT! I hope she becomes another addict.