I am happy with my 2009 training season. I got back on the horse after more than a full years hiatus following what I call the 2008 Goofy Challenge Debacle (GCD - that should be a blog entry in itself, the short version is a half marathon one day and a full marathon the next with bad nutrition and poor training leads to disaster. I finished, but it wasn't pretty!) I got over my dislike of running (burn-out that resulted from GCD), got stronger on the bike, and improved my swimming in technique, speed, and confidence.
Hopping back on the horse in May, I had my first tri under my belt in June. That is when my new obsession started. People in my small town think I am a freak because I run in the snow, bike in the rain, and swim across lakes, but at least I am giving them something to talk about.
Accomplishments for 2009:
- Getting back into training, eating a little better
- Pirate Triathlon (sprint - 1st tri!)
- Trek Across Maine (180 mile 3-day bike ride)
- Maine State Triathlon (sprint)
- Lobsterman Triathlon (Olympic)
- Avoid injury, train smart, eat smart
- Mid-Winter 10-Mile Classic
- Polar Bear Triathlon (Sprint)
- Sugarloaf Marathon
- Pirate Triathlon (Sprint)
- Lobster Ride (century ride)
- Timberman Triathlon (Half Ironman)
- Lobsterman Triathlon (Olympic Distance)
- MDI Marathon
I wish you all a happy, healthy, year filled with happiness, laughter, and good times.